Thursday, May 5, 2016

CBS NEWS AND MY EXPENSE REPORTS

Those of you who have read our book, "Foreign Correspondent," know that #CBSNews fired me in 1985 in response to my repeated demands for an investigation into its accusation that I was a CIA agent using journalism as a cover. Neither CBS News nor CBS Inc. would ever reveal its secret sources for its CIA allegation against me. In an additional fit of pique after firing me CBS refused to pay the expenses I submitted in my final expense reports.
In a recent letter to CBS News President David Rhodes I reminded him CBS News still owes me reimbursement for these legitimate expenses I incurred and reported some three decades ago.
The e-mail response from CBS was priceless, which I reproduce below:
Letter to CBS News
From Lowy, Susanna M   susanna.lowy@cbs.com
To leeandgrant   leeandgrant@leeandgrant.com
Dear Mr. Patten,
Your January 20 letter to David Rhodes has been referred to me. CBS policy states: “Employees will not be reimbursed for any items submitted greater than 90 days from incurrence of expense.” As the expenses referenced in the documents you sent to David Rhodes are from January, 1985 (approximately 30 years ago), they are clearly outside the time permitted for submission of expenses and for this reason CBS will not reimburse you for them.
Sincerely,
Susanna Lowy
End of CBS e-mail
Resuming my comments:
Yes, I guess I was so busy these last three decades I just couldn’t find time to submit these expenses until now . . . . . . . Oh, really, CBS? CBS has had the expense reports in question for the “approximately 30 years” to which it refers and has been refusing to pay these expenses for all this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment